BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, September 29, 2008

Electric Shopping Carts


I am going to speak my peace about something that really irritates me: Lazy fat people hogging the handicapped shopping carts. You know the ones the people get on that say they are handicapped? Shouldn't there be some sort of test those people have to take? And do they have exclusive right away to run over anyone? Man, woman or child? Is everyone fair game for them in thier quest for food?

Not all, but I see serveral that get on them and think they are some sort of shopping god. They honk the horn and its "get out of my way or die today" mentallity. I thought they would have to follow the same rules as everyone else. But I guess if they can ram you and shove you out of the way it's fair game. And if they do honk and you dont move some of them get pretty pissy. I figure they can relax; they have a seat. I wonder if they just shove right to the head of the line?

When genuinely disabled people come to shop, there are often none available. I have watched in disgust as genuinely disabled folks struggle to shop in their wheelchairs with a basket across their lap, or a regular cart in front of their wheelchair. You may have seen them too. People who are able bodied need to get up, get a regular cart, and push it.

By my experience with people that use these electric carts, all of them are mostly the overweight people who are too fat to walk off the 1,000 calories form the big mac & supersized fries and large DIET coke! And what kind of things do things do these land whales usually have in their carts? Ice cream, cookies, cakes, soda, chips and just about anything else with no nutritional value beyond raw calories. What really makes me sick is when they use food stamps to pay for this junk. Why is that allowed? Those were meant for the staple foods that make a good meal so that nobody has to starve. Buying garbage snacks with them should be banned.

Don't they get it? If they walked at least 30 minutes a day, they could be off to a good start by loosing all that extra weight. Sure it might hurt their "cankles" at first, but if they kept walking instead of riding a cart, maybe someone else who really is handicapped won't have to wait their turn for one of those carts!

0 comments: